Best Chainsaw Sharpener – Guide and Reviews
Chainsaw Sharpener are best for usage in the in the forested area, for cutting down trees and trimming the wood pieces. In the forest industry, the Chainsaws are of extreme usefulness and the most powerful help hand to save our time, energy and productivity.
Due to daily use the chain of the Chainsaw gets blunt due to usage and needs to be sharpened using specific tools. The Chainsaw Sharpeners are employed in such situations to sharpen the chain of the chainsaw.
There are hundreds of chainsaw sharpeners available in the markets today, choosing the best among them, sometimes becomes difficult.
Best Chainsaw Sharpener - Comparison
There are some things that you might want to consider before buying any sharpeners. Below are describes some important factors that you need to consider before buying the best chainsaw sharpener.
Things to Consider Before Buying The Best Chainsaw Sharpener
While such kinds of products there are several things that you ought to consider to buy the best product for yourself. Following are some of the factors that you need to look before buying the best chainsaw sharpener.
Speed of the Chain Sharpener
The rate of the chain Sharpener is the essential characteristic. Higher the speed more reliable and quicker your work will be. The revolutions per minute of the chainsaw depict the speed of the chainsaw.
Before buying the chain sharpener, you should observe the speed or the RPM of the chainsaw because the sharpeners vary according to the rate of the chainsaw.
Watts Require Operating Chainsaw Sharpener
Every chainsaw sharpener needs a different level of watts to work. Some sharpeners work at 230 watts; some work at 120 watts, etc. The watts vary with every type of sharpener you purchase.
You must buy those chain sharpener that can operate under the general electricity level that is provided by the electricity suppliers. Always try to buy those sharpeners that can work in every type of watts delivered to it.
Durability and Strength
Durability and strength are the two prerequisites for buying the sharpeners. Always ask the supplier for force and strength of the chain sharpeners.
Sometimes it happens that people buy sharpeners without knowing about their durability, and as a result, not only you can damage the sharpening tools but the chainsaw that you are also using gets faulted. Always save yourself from such sharpening tools that are there in the markets.
Best Chainsaw Sharpener Reviews
Following are the top 5 Best Chainsaw Sharpeners that I recommend you to buy.
The chainsaw sharpeners are one of the most important tools used by the forest labors and by the homeowners who carry out chainsaw activities in the back yard of their house.
The chain sharpeners are very useful in making the chainsaw sharpened and allow easy cutting and trimming.
ECSS Electric Chainsaw Sharpener is perhaps one of the best chainsaw sharpener. ECSS can help you to keep your chainsaw in smooth and eloquent working condition. For easier use, it is mounted to a bench or a wall.
It is cheaper as compared to some of the other chainsaw sharpeners available in the market. Some of the exceptional features of ECSS are as follows, because of these functions I recommend to utilize ECSS for sharpening your chainsaw.
- It uses 4 – 1/8 inch * ¼ inch grinding wheel. This grinding wheel has 7 to 8-inch arbor.
- The speed is the key characteristics of the ECSS. It has a speed of 4200 revolutions per minute(RPM).
- It has a total frequency of 60 Hz and requires 85 watts of power to operate it.
- It can also be plugged in into a 120-volt socket or wall outlet.
- ESCC can be adjusted with the popular chain designs too.
The electric chainsaws are needed to be sharpened after regular interval of times because these keep it them in smooth condition.
The sharpeners are used widely at home and in industries by the woodcutters. The chain of the chainsaw can easily be sharpened using the CS-BMW sharpener.
It is an electrical sharpener, which comes in various sizes of blades, along with the blades it has the highest Revolution per minute, which makes it a standout amongst the other sharpeners available in the market.
CS-BMW chainsaw sharpener is noise adjusted and doesn’t make much noise. Some of the exceptional features of CS-BMW are as follows
- It can work under a supply voltage of 110 volts, and a frequency of about 60 Hz.
- The motor input power that the sharpener requires is 230 watt. It is essential that the machine is provided 230 watts to operate at the optimum level.
- The maximum speed of the sharpener is 3600 RPM, which is probably the highest in all kinds of chainsaw sharpeners.
- The noise standards of the CS-BMW at 70 Db, which is not much loud. It also has a built-in 15 watt light, which helps you to focus while you are sharpening.
- There are three grinding blades included in this model, 3/16 inch, ¼ inch, 1/8 inch.
There are special chainsaws that are used to cut trees. The forest laborers widely use These. These chainsaws can easily cut down trees, and make pieces of the raw wood of the forests.
This sharpener chainsaw is mostly used to sharpen professional chainsaws, used by individual labors.
The timber line 3/16” sharpener can sharpen the chain much fast as compared to another sharpener. It can sharpen each tooth of the chainsaw just in the matters of seconds. I recommend the professional chainsaw users to utilize timber 3/16”, to sharpen their chains. Some of the exceptional features are as under:
- Every tooth of the chain is sharpened precisely and smoothly using the Timber 3/16” sharpener.
- You should keep the angle and length of sharpening same while grinding each and every tooth.
- It has the highest quality among-st the other sharpeners available in the market. It is made using a high-quality aluminum.
- One of the best features of timber 3/16” sharpener is that is portable, and the user can take it anywhere, while working.
- Moreover, it is easy to use, and anyone can use it to sharpen the chain, of the chainsaw.
The chainsaw sharpeners are of two types, the automated sharpeners the ones operated using electricity and the manual sharpeners that are being exploited by hand without consuming any power.
People often like to carry manual chainsaw sharpeners with them as these are easy to use, and one can easily save the electricity cost too.
Among all the major chainsaw the Granberg Bar-Mount Chainsaw sharpener is the superior. In the line of manual chainsaw sharpeners, I recommend using the Granberg Bar-Mount Chainsaw sharpener.
- Almost all the major chainsaws can be sharpened using Granberg Chainsaw sharpener. It is durable and long lasting.
- The most vital thing that you have to consider while sharpening is to adjust the angle of the chain, with the sharpener. This sharpener allows you to set the perfect angle easily for sharpening the chain of your chainsaw.
- Granberg Chainsaw sharpener attaches to the guide bar in just a matter of seconds.
- The depth gauge is automatically lowered to make it safer and more secure.
- The file size of the chain that is being sharpened it determined by the gauge and pitch overall layout of the chainsaw.
For professionals and part-time chainsaw users the Timber CS-12 V is perhaps the best option when it comes to sharpening the chain of the chainsaw.
It works at a higher speed, which can cause it to heat up, but the temperature never goes beyond 30 degrees.
It has a metal, anti-impact and anti-ageing material. It has probably the highest speed motor. One of the best advantages is its portability.
One can take it anywhere and use it. Like all other users, I also recommend using the Timber CS-12V for sharpening your chainsaw.
- It is one of the best chainsaw sharpener available in the market.
- It has probably the highest efficiency among all the other chainsaw sharpeners. It can work at about 1600500 revolutions per minute (RPM).
- It has two working speeds. One is the high working speed when there is not much load on the sharpener. At P1 it revolves around 20001000 RPM and at P2, it revolves around 1600500 RPM.
- It operates at about 12 volts of electricity.
- There are many advantages of buying the Timber CS-12V for sharpening your chainsaw.
Above are described some of the best chainsaw sharpener that are used worldwide by the professional lab chainsaw users and by other people too. While buying these sort of chainsaw sharpeners, you should be careful and check the warranty of the object that you are buying.
Moreover, these are all portable chainsaw sharpeners and are very easy to use. No special instructions are required to follow before operating these machines.
I recommend you to purchase one of the chainsaws as mentioned above sharpeners as these are cheaper and superior in quality as compared to other sharpeners available in the market.